Features & Benefits
Descale is a versatile liquid acidic compound designed to be used by either immersion or ‘wipe-on’ and formulated to remove oil and inorganic soils, at the same time as preparing metal surfaces for painting.
- Removes rust, heat scale, oxides, flux and welding spatter from ferrous metals and zinc coated (galvanised) steel.
- Inhibited to minimise attack on base ferrous metal.
- Conditions mild steel surfaces for painting by imparting some of the properties of a phosphate coating.
- Surfactant System wets out surfaces and assists in penetration of joints and recesses.
- Provides temporary rust protection to ferrous metal surfaces.
- Removes oxides (white rust) from aluminium and zinc surfaces.
Directions for use:
- Concentration: 2%-50% dependent upon type and quantity of oil/rust/scale
- Temperature: Ambient
- Apply with cloth or brush (wear gloves)
- Leave for 2-3 minutes
- Wipe dry with a damp cloth
- Concentration: 2.5%-25% v/v Water
- Temperature: Ambient or up to 50°C
- Time: 5-30 minutes
- Descale immersion
- Overflow rinse – ambient
- Static rinse – hot
Descale is available in 5 litre and 25 litre containers.